I made a list of a few "goals" I wanted to work toward in 2015. I really hate the word "resolution" because I really don't keep these. Goals are something I work toward on a daily basis. None of the goals I have for 2015 are earth shattering but I wanted to put them in writing here so that I had a record. So here is what I am striving for this year:
- To make some how to videos to post on my blog (very scary because a) I do not like my voice and b) I have never edited a video before. Any advice as to what software you use etc... would be welcome!!)
- To blog at least 3 times a week, with some "regular" features. I have many ideas just need to PLAN my time to implement the idea!!
- When I sit down to make a card, to make more then one using the same design. This doesn't sound hard but I have a difficult time making the same card twice. I get bored!!
- To continue my goal toward good health. I have the work out down now I need to get the eating healthy part started.
- To schedule more social time in with my friends. Being connected and having a support system is so important. I need to nurture my friendships more and let my friends know how much they mean to me.
- Last but NOT least-to actually send out my cards instead of having them sit in a box. I love to make cards but am the WORST at sending them to the people that I have made them for.
The first card I created I used a purple color scheme.
I used Altenew Stamps for the flowers and the sentiment. The frame is stamp by Paper Trey Ink.
Here is the sketch that was the inspiration:
Instead of making a square card, I chose to make a rectangle card, using the square as the centerpiece.
Here is how I created the card:
1. For the bottom square, I die cut a piece of lavender Bazzill card stock and adhered it to a top closing card base.
2. Next I adhered a die cut banner on an angle over the card stock.
3. I die cut the frame out of white card stock and stamped it using Paper Trey Ink's "Slide Frame" stamp set with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in the "dusty concord" color. I then mounted the frame over the purple card stock at an angle.
4. I then stamped the flowers using Altenew's "Painted Flowers" in "dusty concord" and "shaded lilac" Distress Ink. The leaves were stamped in My Favorite Thing's "sour apple" ink. I then spritzed over the stamped square in Heidi Swapp "Amethyst" spray mist. After it dried, I mounted the square over the purple frame with foam adhesive.
5. My next step was to stamp, cut and adhere the Altenew sentiment on the front of the flower square.
6. The last step was to adhere some purple gems and two sequins to the front.
In spirit of my 2015 goals, I created a second card as well but used a different color scheme.
Instead of using card stock as the first square, I die cut a piece of pink patterned paper. I also double stamped the frame. First I stamped it in pink and then in red. Before I stamped the red, I misted water over the ink that was on the stamp.
Another difference between the two cards was that on this card I only used the banner on the left side of the card.
I really am happy with the way both of these cards came out. This sketch was so fun to use as inspiration.
I thank you for taking the time to look today. Happy New Year!!
Stamps-Altenew-"Label of Love" and "Painted Flowers," Paper Trey Ink-"Slide Frame"
Ink-My Favorite Things-"Sour Apple" and "Red Hot," Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Dusty Concord" and "Shaded Lilac," Memento "Tuxedo Black" and Simon Says Stamp "Doll Pink."
Paper-Paper Trey Ink-White, Bazzill Lilac and Ella and Viv "Tribal Tie Die #10," Fancy Pants "Sweetness"
Dies: My Favorite Things "Pierced Square Stax," Paper Trey Ink "Slide Frame" and "Banner" dies
Other: Sequins, rhinestones