Thursday, October 29, 2015

Playing with Muse Card Challenge #139

Just a quick post today. I have not made a ton of cards this week but have been coloring and die cutting images to create some Christmas cards and tags. I will be revealing these in the next couple weeks.

Today I am posting a card that I created for the Muse Card Challenge #139. The talented Tracey McNeely created a card as inspiration. Here is my take on her card:


I could have copied Tracey's card exactly as I have the beautiful stamp set she used but instead I chose to use Altenew's "Vintage Roses" stamp set to create my card. I always have such a difficult time with multiple step stamping. It is not only stamping on top of each image precisely (though I have a MISTI now, which makes it easier) but choosing what colors to use. 


I was inspired by Tracey's use of gold on her card. I copied her use of gold on the sentiment but chose to make mine into a strip and not stamp it directly onto the background. I also added some gold mist onto the card base, as well as three gold sequins. I thought it went well with the yellow that I used.

Here is the inspiration piece:


I thank you for taking the time to stop by today. Have a wonderful evening!!

Supplies:
Stamps-Altenew "Vintage Roses," Paper Trey Ink "Words of Comfort"
Inks-Versamark, Paper Trey Ink "Harvest Gold," My Favorite Things "Lemon Chiffon" and "Daffodil,"Altenew-"Frayed Leaf,""Forest Glades," and "Evergreen."
Paper-Paper Trey Ink
Other-Heat Gun, Prima "Gold Leaf" spray, Ranger "Liquid Platinum" embossing powder, gold sequins and foam adhesive

20 comments:

Rahmat said...

I love the yellow here, very bright and cheery card, beautiful!!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Stunning Nora! I just LOVE those beautiful bright blooms! Have a lovely evening! Hazel xx

Taunya Butler said...

This is lovely and peaceful and full of gracious beauty!!! Love those flowers and the way you have styled this card is so excellent!! I am looking SO FORWARD to seeing what other things you have been crafting lately!! Have a Happy Halloween weekend!!! Sending hugs!!

sandie said...

Gosh Nora you did an excellent job with the step stamping, I am useless at this! Your card is gorgeous and you chose just the right colours x

Happy Dance said...

Great take on Tracey's card, Nora. These yellows are perfect together, and I like the yellow base; it really pops your focal panel. The gold spritz and the sequins really do work well with the yellow too. Beautiful card. Have a great weekend. Bev

Ardyth said...

Beautifully stamped - love the dimension of these roses! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Nora your yellow blooms are just gorgeous! Lobe your interpretation. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Muse!

Claire said...

I love those Altenew Stamps - they've been on my wish list for ages! They look stunning here - so pretty and I love the black sentiment

Jenni's Jems said...

Oh I love these !and beautiful choice of colours and stamping x

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous!

Diane said...

Morning Nora, wow what a gorgeous color and flower design.

Hugs Diane

Kim Heggins said...

This is so beautiful...love your gorgeous roses.

Kara said...

Very pretty!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Fantastic stamping! I'm terrible with those multi step stamps, you are clearly not!

Darnell said...

I'm late seeing this beautiful card, Nora, but I'm happy that it is still at the top of your home page so I didn't miss seeing it. It is truly a gorgeous frameable work of card art!! Hugs, Darnell

Kay Miller said...

This is just stunning Nora! I love the sentiment on the black strip! Just wanted to stop by and thank you for the nice comments you leave on my blog! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

donna mikasa said...

Hi Nora! I've FINALLY tracked you down! I just wanted to come by and tell you that I'm your newest follower. Thank you for always visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments. I'm hoping to visit you often and do the same--you do such beautiful work!

alexandra s.m. said...

Beautiful take Nora! Incredibly well done!!
Love your card~

Melody said...

So pretty! Love the yellow roses!

Marika said...

Love this, Nora! The splatters really make this so delicate!