Thursday, May 26, 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch #174 Guest Designer

Happy Thursday everyone!!

I am so excited today because I was asked to be a guest designer for CAS(E) this Sketch blog!!! Here is the sketch I was asked to use for inspiration:


Isn't it cool? When I first saw it, I knew that instead of stars, I wanted to use snowflakes. I actually made a SHAKER CARD too! I do not usually do holiday cards, let alone shaker cards, but this just screamed Christmas to me and I knew I wanted to make a shaker. Here is what I came up with:


I LOVE aqua and white together so I decided to use this as the color scheme. It helped that I just bought the "Caribbean Dream" sequin mix from Lucy's Cards. I was dying to use it!!


The first thing I did was die cut four snowflakes out of a white piece of card stock. I used CAS-ual Fridays Stamps "Flurry" Fri-dies for the large snowflake and Paper Smooches "Snowflakes" Wise Dies for the small one. I set the three small, positive flakes aside because I knew I wanted to use them on the card front. I then used an MFT Blueprints die to cut the panel down to a 4" by 5 1/4" rectangle.


I adhered acetate and a liberal amount of foam adhesive on the back of the card. For the two upper snowflakes I made little "pockets" with the adhesive to fill with the sequins mix.


I then assembled my shaker-adding the sequins and adhering the card to a white card base. I adhered the positive snowflakes and some sequins on the card front as well.


I stamped a sentiment from PaperTrey Ink's "Peaceful Pinecones" set with Hero Arts "Soft Pool" dye ink onto a white strip and adhered it over the large snowflake using foam adhesive. Very simple and believe it or not, fast to put together.

That is it for me today. I thank you so much for stopping by. Be sure to hop over to CAS(E) this Sketch to join in on the fun!!

Supplies:


9 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Congratulations on guest designing for CAS(E) This Sketch, Nora! Your card is beautiful! I love your wonderful take on the sketch!

Anita in France said...

How gorgeous, Nora ... that white and aqua colour combo is perfect for your snowflakes ... so frosty looking and cool ... gorgeous with the sequin shaker! Congratulations on your GD spot with CTS! Hugs, Anita :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Congrats on your GD spot! Fabulous card you made for this sketch! Your take on it rocks!

I Card Everyone said...

It's so hot here today, this darling card is like taking a Nestea plunge!! So cool, Nora! OH so happy to have you as a teamie today!!!
xx
=]

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...love your sweet shaker snowflakes, adorable.

Taunya Butler said...

I am so very super duper excited for you to have this opportunity!! You are such a class act and your cards are so fabulous!! I think this shaker card is "SNOW" marvelous and full of cuteness. Love the way you showed us how things looked as you made this - I am always so glad, it helps me understand better!! I am just so excited for you - have an awesome night!!

donna mikasa said...

Nora! So happy to see you guesting with us at CTS! I love your take on the sketch--a gorgeous shaker card, too!

Kim S said...

This is such a fun and festive card!! I love the dimension of it. The sequins behind and the extra snowflakes and sequins on top! I love winter - and the beauty of this card explains why!!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous and congrats on the guesting!