Monday, March 19, 2018

Some Challenge Cards

Happy Monday everyone!! I hope you all had a nice day.

It is quite cold here today but the sun is shining. Apparently we are going to have ANOTHER Nor'easter this Wednesday and yet another foot of snow. I cannot wait for March to be over at this rate. I do not want any more days off from work!!

Today I am sharing two cards that I created for some challenges. The first card is for CAS(E) This Sketch #263.


I have been using some of my pile of never opened product and dug out the "Make Mine Lemon Lime" by Spellbinders and the sentiment from Sugar Pea Designs "Pucker Up" stamp set.


I shaded in the lemon and the lemon slice with some "Mustard Seed" and "Squeezed Lemonade" Distress ink. I also covered the online in the slice and the heart with Tonic's Aqua Shimmer Glitter Pens and Glossy Accents.


The strip of patterned paper is from the Recollections "Coastal Village" paper pad that I picked up at Michael's this weekend.


I added some google eyes and a smile to complete the card.

Here is the sketch that inspired this card:


While I was on this fruit theme, I created another simple card for the Fab Friday Challenge, Sketch #133.


I took a little liberty from this sketch and hope it will be accepted. Instead of a square, I used a lime die cut from the Queen and Company "Fruit Basket Kit." I bought this last spring and had never done anything with it so I pulled it out to make some cards.


I actually made a few cards from this kit but will post them at a later date.


I shaded the limes with Twisted Citron,Mowed Lawn,” and Peeled Paint” Distress Ink.

Well, that is all from me tonight. Thanks for stopping by!! I hope you all have a fabulous Tuesday!!



SaveSave

13 comments:

Hannelie said...

I love your two 'fresh' cards Nora! The first so sweet with those googly eyes! The second so zesty graphic and fabulously CAS!

stampwithamyk said...

What a cute pair of cards! Love the bright spring colors, pretty designs too! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Leigh Penner said...

Super cute cards, Nora!

Amanda Mertz said...

Your fun citrus cards make me want warmer weather and some fruity cocktails! Love the lime one and of course another shape is perfectly acceptable! Love the lime in lieu of the rectangle! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

Lol, I am the QUEEN of creative license when it comes to sketches, and I love your lime take! My two favorite words in the stampin' universe are "any shape," lol. Love your zesty card! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Jean said...

What terrific cards for this time of year - bright, fun, and festive. Bring on the sun!

Patti said...

Oh my gosh Nora these are so fresh and sweet! you'd never know they weren't created in the tropics! giggles.

Stay warm

Patti

Darnell said...

Your fruit cards are bold and juicilicious, Nora! I love the designs and way to go using your NBUS! Sorry to hear you are getting yet more snow even though the calendar says it's spring. Bummer! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda said...

Nora, these cards are wonderful, so crisp and fresh (even if the focal points weren't citrus)! Love them both! Thanks for your visit today and you kind comment. I hope you'll consider sharing some of you cards with us in the future TCP Tuesday Challenges!

Joyce said...

I really love both of these cards. Such fun on your first card, that you have lemon paper to match your lemon die cuts. And, I love the limes in your second card. Why do I feel like grabbing a Sprite right now? Hope that all these bright citrus colors can make up for all the white snow you seem to be experiencing.

Nonni said...

These fruity creations are both so cute and make me smile! I love the bright, happy look of both of these! Great use of patterned paper in a CAS way in your first card. xxx

Ivana Camdzic said...

Both of these cards are FABULOUS! I love the fruity puns, and the little lemon slices and googly eyed lemon, o my word, too cute!!!

Kim S said...

I wish you could send some of that snow my way. Colorado has been exceedingly dry - it's going to be a long summer of wildfires. LOVE the bright cheerful colors of your lemons and limes!