Monday, April 22, 2019

Happy Monday and Cards for Some Challenges

Happy Monday everyone!! I am back to work today after a week long vacation. In some ways I am glad to be back as I do not get paid when I am not at work, but in other ways, I enjoyed my down time. One thing I was able to do was get in the craft room. I should have CLEANED it but I decided to use the time to make some projects.

The first two cards I created were for the TWOFER Card Challenge. Here are the cards I created:


The idea of this challenge is in the badge below. The theme this month was zoo animals.


I almost didn't start this challenge as I had no idea what I could do. I do have animals but I always have a difficult time using them on cards. I decided on the elephants from the WPlus9 "Unforgettable" stamp set because I had some already colored in and die cut. This is what I used for the purple card.


I added the purple balloon and friend sentiment, and the happy birthday print out, because each was in my little box of leftovers. 


I used a bit of glossy accents on the hearts in "friend" and on the balloon.

I am also entering this card into the Seize the Birthday Challenge #163: Anything Goes.


For my second card, I thought I was all set as I had the same elephant colored in a blue, with polka dots. As it always goes, I could not find any cardstock to match it and so I wound up stamping another one and coloring it in. I chose to make a baby card from it.


The background is a stencil and I die cut the layered circle out of cardstock scraps. The sentiment on a tag are tiny stickers that I have from my scrapbook days. LOVE how this came out.

Well, that is all from me today. I thank you for taking the time to stop by. Have a FABULOUS day!


15 comments:

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous twofer Nora and yay, you have used my favourite elephant of all time on both cards! I love how you colour coordinated each card and I love your creative use of twine on the baby card.
Hope you had a wonderful Easter.
Hugs
Carol x

Patti said...

OK Nora! these cards are seriously cute!! I love everything from the designs to the color choices you made but I gotta say you won my heart with the polka dots and stripes on your second elephant! Over the top sweet!!

Leslie Miller said...

Both cards are absolutely wonderful and that darling little ellie worked out perfectly! I can hardly believe that's a stenciled background on your baby card. So beautiful! It's a treat to see these two in our Twofer challenge gallery, Nora!

Lisa Elton said...

These are adorable Nora! I've always liked that sweet little elephant stamp set. You've inspired me to ink mine up again!

Cathy said...

Sweet cards Nora, love this little elephant! Thankyou for joining in at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Quillish said...

I love the color palette of your cards.. so cute 😍

Darnell said...

Eep, these are really cute, Nora! I have this stamp set and need to get it out and use it more often. It really has such cute elephants! I'm delighted that you decided to play and I think it's so inspirational how you started out by just pulling together most of the bits for your birthday card from your various bits and pieces, yet the whole design is cohesive! Love the purple colors and the added fun of the glossy accents!

And I, too, LOVE how your baby card turned out! I can't believe that background is a stencil! (Do you know who makes it?) You've put together another amazing CASlicious card with an adorable polkie-dotted elephant! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #15! Hugs, Darnell

Loll said...

Adorable cards Nora! That sweet elephant is so cute ... makes me smile! Great to be able to use up some images that were all ready to go! And you have some lovely things in your stash box to come up with your first card design! The baby card is just the perfect colour .... I actually said "Awww" out loud when I saw it! Thanks for playing along with us at Twofer Card Challnege!

Kara Lynne said...

Two wonderful cards, Nora! I love how you changed up your little elephant - he has two totally different looks, and I love both of your designs! Just like Carol mentioned, this is one of my very favorite elephant images too! I love how your elephant is sitting among the cluster of elements on your birthday card. He's just as adorable front and center on your sweet baby card! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

Barb Ghig said...

Both cards are absolutely adorable, Nora! I love your purple B-Day card with that darling balloon and fabulous sentiment so much! Your baby card is so, very sweet! Your plaid background is perfect with your polka dot ellie and your sentiment tag is so cute! You did such a great job on this challenge, my friend :)

Barb Ghig said...

CONGRATS, Nora! I just noticed that you are one of the Stampede Winners at Mama Elephant! Enjoy your goodies!!!

Nancy said...

FABULOUS twofer cards Nora! I am such a sucker for elephants too! I hope you don't mind but I will be CASing both of these!!! Love the colors on the baby card and the polka dots remind me of my mom! So happy you linked up with us this week at Seize the Birthday!!

Inkyfingers said...

Hi Nora, I'm back to tell you that you have been picked as a winner over at
http://www.mamaelephantblog.com/2019/04/april-stampede-winners.html#comment-form
in case you didn't see it because you have to contact them quickly. Congratulations!

Jean said...

Great colors, great designs! Both are lots of fun.

Anita in France said...

Such a sweet little elephant, Nora ... so beautifully showcased on both your cards! He complements the big sentiment wonderfully on your birthday card ... so cute against the big heart that mimics the tiny hearts in the friend die cut! Adorable baby card ... what a difference a change of 'clothes' makes to him ... love those dots ... and those fun striped feet! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Hugs, Anita :)