Monday, May 27, 2019

Some Challenge Cards

Happy Monday, or Happy Memorial Day as it is in the U.S.

This weekend has been SO NICE!! It was perfect weather and really relaxing. After a rough week, this was needed.

Today I am posting a couple cards that I created for some challenges. One I meant to post yesterday but just didn't feel like being on the computer since it was so nice out.


I created my first card using this past weeks Freshly Made Sketches #389 and Fab Friday's #164 Color Challenge as my inspiration.
I used my Stampin Up!'s "Dear Doily" stamp set and matching die set for this card. I did not have Pear Pizazz and Flirty Flamingo ink so I used pink markers. Now that I look at it, the Flirty Flamingo is more coral and mine is more pink. I am going to enter it anyway!!


I have not used rubber for a long time and I forgot how fun it is to color!!


The sentiment is from Paper Trey Ink and stamped with Soft Sea foam.

My second card, I used CASE this Sketch #323, Water-cooler Wednesday Challenge #222 and Seize the Birthday as inspiration for a belated birthday card.

 

I used a stencil from Simon Says Stamp that I used Distress Ink on in three different purples.


I staggered the balloons on the right side in place of the diamonds on the sketch. I did some masking with the stamped sentiment, which is from Paper Trey Ink.


The die cut "birthday" is from Mama Elephant. I used some Nuvo Aqua Shimmer and Glossy Accents over the top of the black die cut.


I love how this came out. I should have made several of these as I am AWFUL at sending out cards on time!!

So that is all from me today. Tomorrow I will be back with some graduation cards I created for some family members.

I thank you for stopping by. Have a FABULOUS day!!


17 comments:

Nancy said...

I absolutely adore your Birthday card! Between the colors, the shimmery birthday greeting, and the perfectly placed shadows...It's a winner in my book! So happy you joined us at Seize the Birthday! Your retirement card is lovely too!

Karen Brown said...

Love the bold glossy sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Lisa Elton said...

Two fabulous cards Nora! The first is delicate and I love the soft balloons on the second!

Dotty Jo said...

This is beautiful, Nora, Jo x

JoAnn said...

Pretty cards. Love the purple balloons on your birthday card and the shiny birthday greeting. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Ivana Camdzic said...

Wow, these are both so lovely!! I really miss using rubber stamps at times, they really are the nicest to color! Love the pretty hues you added :) I also adore the little balloons!! And the glossy sentiment! So very beautiful!

Amanda Mertz said...

Lovely use of the doily! I like how soft and delicate your card is. And the pink embellishments are just right for your design! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

Wow, those delicate pink blossoms are just so lovely over the green doily - love your coloring here! Beautiful composition! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Michelle W said...

Two beautiful cards Nora and I love those balloons! Thanks for sharing with is at Watercooler Wednesday.

stampwithamyk said...

Such beautiful, clean designs. Perfect way to use those colors. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

I Card Everyone said...

Up, up and away you go with the win today, Nora!!! SO fabulous!! xx
=]

Darnell said...

You didn't come back with your graduation cards, so I assume (I hope) it's because the weather continued to be too gorgeous to be inside! These are both so great, Nora! Your birthday design is beautifully feminine in lovely spring colors and your belated birthday card design is perfection! I love the color hues, the amazing blending you did on those balloons to make them look 3D, and the big fat glossy birthday word! It's good to be back to Blogland and visiting again!! Hugs, Darnell

Cathy said...

Awesome card, love the transucent colour on the balloons and such a great design, Cathy x

TaeEun said...

The retirement card is so pretty and elegant! An awesome interpretation of the sketch! The purple balloons on your birthday card look so yummy to me! Love the highlights on them! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Kim S said...

The doily card is lovely - I love the layers and the colors! The balloons are so fun. I have a friend who is a purple fanatic - so I'm clearly going to have to add to my purple ink collection!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats on your CTS win, Nora! Your stenciled balloons are just gorgeous!

Stef Perry said...

Congrats on being the CTS winner with the gorgeous belated birthday card! The balloons are gorgeous and I love your hand drawn strings!