Saturday, June 1, 2019

Hello and Some Graduation Cards

Happy Saturday everyone!! Just a quick pop in today.

I have been suffering from some intestinal issues the last couple days and have not had any time to play in my craft room. I ate bread for the first time yesterday since February to try to get my stomach back in order and I am craving vegetables right now. I realized I have not missed bread at all!!

I had scheduled a personal day from work yesterday and had to spend the whole day in bed. So disappointed because I planned on going to a scrapbook/stamp store that is about an hour from here to browse and then go to the outlets for some summer clothes. I have been on an "eating plan" and need to get some clothes that FIT!!

Below are some cards I created last weekend for some HS graduations. I am not going to list supplies or anything as I don't have the energy but wanted to post them before I forgot.


This one I created for my nephew. I combined a bunch of different companies for this card.


I usually try to get the colors right for the school but didn't get these right. However, I needed to send it out so it was too late.


This card I created with some retired sets from CAS-ual Fridays Stamps. The hat is from a PTI stamp set.


I like this design for simple graduation cards. It is quick and easy and you could make a TON!! I am entering this card into the Addicted to CAS Challenge #160: Graduation.


I created this for my cousin's son that is going to the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in the fall. I used the college colors as my inspiration.


 The stamps are from PTI and the die cut letters are Pinkfresh Studio.


I am entering this card into Watercooler Wednesdays Challenge #223: Anything Goes.


My last card I used the stamp set from PTI for my card.


The ink got a little runny on the sentiment but I fixed it after I took these photos with a rough eraser.


The colors were inspired by the college that another cousin's son is going to.

Well, that is all from me today. I hope you all have a FABULOUS day!! Thanks for stopping by!!


9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wowza Nora, what a great line up of grad cards! They're all full of fun. I like the look of the applause sentiment, it reminds me of Broadway. And of course the last one with the polka dot label is too cute!

Helen said...

I hope you're feeling better now, Nora! You have certainly been busy creating this wonderful set of graduation cards! All so eye-catching with clever designs and colour choices! Thank you for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

Karen Brown said...

Beautiful cards! I love that your personalized the card for your nephew with UTC. Very fresh, beautiful and eye-catching. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Kim S said...

What a waste of a personal day!! I hope you are feeling better!

This is the first year in forever that I haven't had dozens of graduation cards to do. But I'll have college graduations starting next year so I've saved your fabulous cards to my inspiration file!

Claire said...

These are fab Nora - I love the more masculine colours you've used. I'd love to make some grad cards but don't know anyone graduating so there never seems any point! Hope you feel better soon!

Kara Lynne said...

I hope you're feeling better. It sounds like your eating plan is working for you, so that's a plus. Wonderful graduation cards! They are all so different, but all have that celebratory school vibe that perfectly fits the occasion!

Macimbalo said...

Wow, these are all so amazing - I love how creative and unique each one is! I'm so sorry you are under the weather but thrilled you were able to share your gorgeous creations with us at ATCAS! Feel better soon!

Ivana Camdzic said...

Aw, I hope you're feeling better friend. I've had digestive issues for several yeas now, and it's really not fun at all. I hope you're back to feeling great soon. These cards are absolutely spectacular and I am in LOVE with the colors! I don't have grad cards to make, but if I did, I'd be lifting these in a jiffy! ;) I also wanted to let you know - the adhesive I use most for vellum nowadays is the roller kind by Scrapbook.com. It's in a blue rolly thing, and it's clear enough that it works pretty well with vellum. I hope that helps! xoxo

SmilynStef said...

Awesome graduation cards ... perfect combination of images and sentiments.