Saturday, May 4, 2019

Some Good News and a couple of Cards

Happy Saturday!! Just popping in with some news and a couple of cards.

First, my dog has rallied and seems to be better. It was a ROUGH week all around but he is back to his whining for what he wants and begging for food like a champ. I was so afraid he would pass away before my daughter came home from college. However, she is home now and he is happy as any pup (or old geezer, which he is!!) can be to have all his people in one place.

Today I am posting a few cards in between Charlotte coming in to show me all the clothes she is trying on to see if she could keep them or get rid of them. She is the only person I know that loses weight at college!!

On my first card, I used the Fusion Challenge as my inspiration.


The colors from the butterflies on the door and I flipped the sketch so it was landscape.

Instead of the card base being one color, I shoe to layer a piece of striped paper on top of the tiny dots. The border is a combination of die cuts that I had on my desk and a border from some paper that was sent to me in a mini kit.


The stamped image is from WPlus9's "Hello and Thanks" stamp set and colored in with Copic Markers. I added some Glossy Accents and Diamond Stickles on top of some of the flowers when I was done.


Instead of the circle, I chose to mount the flower on top of a pink tag. The sentiment is a sticker from Carta Bella.

I have to say I LOVE how this card came out. I am really trying to use some of the patterned paper I keep hoarding so this was a win for me!!

For my second card, I used a challenge from a private board as my inspiration. It was to use a color inspiration challenge that had all these blues. I am HORRIBLE at color challenges but I thought this came out okay and was simple to put together.


The background was from my scrap drawer and the two die cuts were from Carta Bella's "Flower Market" frames and tags ephemera set.


I added some Diamond Stickles and two word stickers over the top.


I LOVE when cards come together so easily.

That is all from me today. I am off to do some playing on this National Scrapbook Day. I intend to try some techniques with some NBUS supplies I have in my stash!!

I appreciate you taking the time to stop by. Have a FABULOUS day!!



Supplies:
Paper-Neenah Solar White, Carta Bella "Planted Flowers" and "Market Shop," Tonic "Arctic Blue"
Stamps-WPlus9 "Hello and Thanks"
Other-Diamond Stickles, Carta Bella "Flower Market" Frames and Tags, Glossy Accents, Carta Bella "Flower Market Element Stickers," My Favorite Things "Blueprint 13 Die-namics," Big Shot, Foam Adhesive, Kokuyo Adhesive

8 comments:

Darnell said...

Beautiful twofers, Nora! You should love how both of them turned out because they are fabulous! I really love your take on the Fusion board and I'm so happy to hear that your pooch is feeling good again!! Hugs, Darnell

Kim S said...

I'm so glad you puppy is OK for your daughter's sake...and for yours! Those dainty flowers are just as lovely with the reds as they are in the blues on the first post of yours that I read!

Barb Ghig said...

Two really beautiful cards, Nora! I love your sweet blooms with the striped and polka dot papers on the first one...I'll bet it's really sparkly in person, too :) Awesome take on the Fusion! I also love the pretty papers and tags you chose on your 2nd card...so lovely!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

Hannelie said...

I think your use of color in both cards are just beautiful! Would never guess you struggle with color challenges!😊

Ivana Camdzic said...

Wow, both are just GORGEOUS!! And I'm so glad your doggy is doing ok :) I love that you and Charlotte got to spend time together! I hope it was lovely! I laughed at your comment, because in my first year of college I gained SO. MUCH. WEIGHT!! And then I lost it all and then some. So I kind of got to do both and went through two giant wardrobe overhauls during that time! lol But thankfully, since then it's been pretty even stevens. Hugs sweet friend! xo

Monika Reeck said...

Oh dear your first card so so beautiful
I will remember to added a little tag on my card
I always added a bigger one and added the Image but doing like you did is efficient for small Images and so cuuute
love the colors of the flowers..
yeah I dont earn much money to buy Copics sweety so I used my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor set or I use my Peerless watercolor its help me save much money and yes I HAVE TO LEARN coloring with watercolor hehehe LOL not easy but I enjoy it..The second card I love that DP looks like library card sweet flower again and great shape you have for the main Image.
Love the soft color Nora..
I am sorry just visiting you again
hugs
Monika

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely cards, both very cheerful and happy.
x Karen

Jean said...

Absolutely lovely!