Thursday, July 18, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #397 and Seize the Birthday

Hello everyone!!

Today I am posting a couple cards I have created. I apologize for the photos. I took my light box down because it was taking up too much room. However, my lighting has been off ever since so I think I am going to have to re-think this plan. I need to figure out lighting in general for my photos but just don't want to spend a lot of money!!

Anyway, the first card I created using this weeks Freshly Made Sketches #397 as my inspiration.


I actually flipped the sketch for my card, die cutting circle "windows" with MFT "Circle Trio Shaker Window" die.

I used Hello Bluebird "Silly Birds" stamp and matching die set for the birds, and colored them in using Copic markers.


I stamped the sentiment from the same set and use foam adhesive to pop the white panel up.


I added the birds and fun elements and then used Glossy Accents, Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Gloss and Stickles to kick up some elements in the scene. I wanted to use some google eyes on the birds but for the life of me, I couldn't find my stash. I hate when that happens!!

Supplies:
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Paper Trey Ink Limeade Ice
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PaperTrey Ink Smokey Shadow
Stamps: Hello Bluebird "Silly Birds"
Dies: My Favorite Things "Circle Window Shaker Trio," Hello Bluebird "Silly Birds," Paper Trey Ink Bubble Talk

I am also going to enter this into this weeks Seize the Birthday Challenge.


For my second card, I created a Peek a Boo card. This was an experiment in making an interactive card. I watched a TON of videos on different kinds to make and this was the one I chose. I used Jennifer McGuire's directions from this VIDEO for the peek-a-boo part of the card.


I stenciled the balloons on using a Simon Says Stamps stencil. I then drew in strings with a Sakura marker


When you open the card, the little Mama Elephant Monkey pops in on top of a yellow balloon. I stamped a sentiment and added a little bird over the top.


It does not slide as nicely as I would have like but oh well!! It was an experiment and hopefully it will be better next time!!

Supplies:
Ink-Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Twisted Citron, Ranger Squeezed Lemonade, MFT Boysenberry
Dies-MFT Pierced Circle and Bitty Bears
Stamps- MFT Bitty Bears, Memory Box Best Life Typewriter Sentiments, Mama Elephant Little Monkey Agenda

Well that is all from me today. I hope you have a FABULOUS day!!


6 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love both of your fun cards. The birds are so cute over the die cut circles. They are colored beautifully. How fun is that second card with the cute monkey popping out. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Lisa Elton said...

You're getting back into crafting with a bang Nora, these are as CUTE as they can be!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how cute both your cards are! Clever and fun and the stamps are adorable! You're so good!

Kim S said...

I absolutely adore those birds - especially with your fun coloring technique!! They are charming! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Both of your cards are adorable, Nora! The tropical birds are so fun sitting in the 'green windows'! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cécile RIBON said...

I totally love those two fun cards! The one for FMS is delightful, I love how you colored the cute birds. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.