Sunday, April 5, 2020

Happy Sunday and a Few Challenges

Hello everyone!! I hope everyone is doing well. I have been doing a lot of creating, as well as organizing lately in an attempt to calm my mind. Sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn't. I appreciate everything I have, though and am grateful for all the healthcare workers and critical people that are working at their jobs throughout all this. Such strange times.

For my first card today, I created a birthday card for a co-workers daughter. Her little girl is turning 10 and she asked for people to send her cards. Of course I jumped on the bandwagon and created the card below using Simon Says Stamps "Party Like a Panda" stamp and die set.


I chose to use the stamps that make up my sentiment from the SSS set. The cupcake is a new die cut I bought from Honey Bee Stamps. It is called "The Cupcake Builder" and I had a lot of fun coloring the pieces in with Copic Markers.


I also colored in the balloons with Copic Markers, then used a Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Pen to give them some sparkle and topped it all off with some Glossy Accents.


The hearts on the front were left over from a previous project and I had to add them on for some accent. I used Ranger Shaded Lilac Distress ink and a stencil to create some soft polka dots on the background.


I even decorated the inside of the card as well. It is for a little girl so I had to make it festive!! I added a sentiment from PaperTrey Ink and some balloons from the SSS Panda stamp set.


I am entering this into the following Challenges:




Another thing I am trying to do is to challenge myself to not only use stamps I have not touched but also to create more than one card from a stamp set. So for my second card, I again used the Simon Says Stamp "Party Like a Panda" set to create a belated birthday card.


The paper is from PaperTrey Ink, the dies are from My Favorite Things.


I am notoriously the WORST at sending birthday cards so all the cards I should make for birthdays are belated!!! I colored in the Panda with Copic Markers and used a stamp from Lawn Fawn for the speech bubble.


This card I am entering into a couple of challenges as well. 

(because I used a Panda! I hope this counts!!)




Well that is all from me today. I thank you for taking the time to stop by. I hope these cards make you smile!!

Have a GREAT night!!


EDIT: I never edit posts but Darnell told me I should enter this into the NBUS Challenge Blog and by darn, I am going to. If you have NEVER heard of this, hop on over because it is AWESOME!!!




15 comments:

JoAnn said...

Two great cards with this Panda set. Love your coloring on both of them. I like how you added the shine to the Happy balloons. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

~amy~ said...

These are both fabulous Nora!

Diane said...

Two adorable designs Nora.

Hugs Diane

Barbara said...

Glad to hear that you are making the best of these stressful times that we are going through. I am sure that your happy birthday card made you happy as it is so pleasing. Love the soft background with the balloons on the front. That builder stamp. Stay safe and thanks so much for sharing your cards with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.
Barbara Dt

Stef Perry said...

Hey, Nora! Both cards are such cute birthday cards. Absolutely, the darling Panda works for the Player's challenge! Such a sweet little fella and so sad he forgot his friend's birthday! Love all the polka dots and the bright pinks. So glad you're creating more in these crazy times and thank you for sharing at The Paper Players this week!

Darnell said...

Your cards definitely made me smile, Nora! They couldn't be any cuter! And thank you for inspiring us with all the ways you are challenging yourself! Take care and be safe! Hugs, Darnell (p.s. Please share your cupcake card with others over at my resurrected NBUS challenge: https://mynbus.blogspot.com.)

Karen Brown said...

Really cute card! I love the bright background contrasting with your darling panda. We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen - DT

LeAnne said...

These are both amazing, and your sad little panda would be enough to make anyone forgive a belated birthday wish! LOVE the colors you used! Thanks so much for playing with my zoo-themed challenge this week at the Paper Players!

Lisa Elton said...

CUTE cards Nora!! You have me craving a chocolate cupcake!!

Nancy said...

I just adore both of your cards! I love the polka dotted background and the fun balloon birthday greeting. Not to mention the giant cupcake. What little girl wouldn't like that right about now! Your panda card is so cute too. He genuinely feels bad he missed the birthday! Thanks for being with us at Seize the Birthday!

Barb Ghig said...

Super CUTE cards, Nora! Beautiful coloring on both and I love your stenciling on the first one! I also love your Panda...he's perfect for a belated birthday wish :)

Michelle W said...

Two beautiful cards Nora, that panda is so adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Claire Broadwater said...

Nora, both of these are great cards! I love that sad little Panda. It would make anyone smile! Hey, I say celebrate your birthday all month! Love the bright background, too! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Trina P. said...

Sweet set of cards. Love the soft stenciling on the first... subtle and gives wonderful dimension. Your panda card is adorable. I’ve been eyeing this set for a while. 🤔

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A great collection of cards Nora! I love you sweet tearful party panda - he is perfect for a belated birthday and a reminder of fun times at the zoo. Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!