Sunday, June 20, 2021

Happy Father's Day!!!

Happy Father's Day to all the fathers out there!! I know not many read my blog but just throwing it out there!! 

My daughter had to work so my husband and I went out to breakfast this morning. Then we went to Home Depot and ripped some boards with a table saw for our deck. It was quite scary as in order to cut them, my husband had to take the safety cover off. I thought he was going to cut his hand off!!! He didn't, though, and he worked on our deck the rest of the day while I cleaned the living room and then cleaned out all the clothes in my closet. This took hours and I gave away a lot but also have a lot. No shopping for me any time soon!!

Today I am popping in to post a card I created for this weeks Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #490.

I created a Father's Day card for my father. I used Waffle Flower's Home Brew Combo set. I LOVE this set because it is great for masculine cards.

I did take some liberty with the sketch. I used an oval instead of a circle. I also added two rectangle borders. I was inspired to double the border by FMS's DT member's, Narelle Farrugia's. She added double the border to the card she made for this sketch.


The plaid paper is by Lawn Fawn. I have made a goal for the summer to try and use pattern paper on my cards. I have SO MUCH and I keep buying more. I know some people don't love it but pattern paper is a weakness of mine.


I used Wild Honey Distress Ink for the beer color. To make it look like "bubbles," I spritzed it with a fine mister and then blotted the water off with a towel. The "foam" I created by altering a CAS-ual Fridays Stamps cloud die from the Raindrop Duo set. 


It is hard to tell in the photos but I added some Gloss White Nuvo Crystal Drops to the foam to give it some dimension. I also did a bit of distressing around the edges with a Tim Holtz Paper Distressor. I used to do this a lot and then fell out of it. However, I love the look and think I will be bringing it back!!

Well, that is all from me today. I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by tonight. Have a fabulous night!!






5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Sounds like you had a busy day! Terrific card for you dad, I like the plaid background!

Judy Rozema said...

Love the patterns on this fun card. Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

What a great Father's Day card! Love the plaid paper! Fabulous colour! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karren said...

That beer looks so inviting and I don't even like beer :). Wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Witchcrafted Life said...

What an elegant, timelessly lovely greeting. Plaid and beer make for such a marvelous pairing.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

PS: Awesome job on your DIY projects and closet cleanout. Mine is in need of one of those too, and I hope to get to it once we're through the absurdly hot heatwave (it's setting record highs) that is enveloping our area at the moment.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life