Saturday, July 31, 2021

Graduation Cards in August??

Happy Saturday everyone!! It is a PERFECT DAY in Connecticut-sunny, not too hot and very low humidity. I wish all days could be like this!! 

Today I am popping in with some Graduation cards. Yes, you heard it right, I am posting Graduation cards in August. To be honest, I had the last three cards created in May but only sent out one! The card below I made this week to send out to one of my husband's cousins.

I used this weeks Global Design Project's Sketch (#GPD302)- as the bones of my card. I did change the "label" on the sketch to the numbers block. I figured attaching the numbers, the hat and the sentiment would work well for this sketch. 


I used an MFT Blueprints Die to die cut the white and black polka dot stitched stripes. The mirrored cardstock numbers were die cut from Chrome Silver Tonic Cardstock using The Greetery's Bold Numbers Dies


The little cap was die cut using the Sugar Pea Designs For the Graduate dies and the sentiment is from Sweet and Sassy Stamps. 

I cannot tell you how much fun it was to make this card! I am also going to enter this in this weeks Watercooler Wednesday Challenge-wwc321. It is Tristan's challenge and it is to make a Masculine card.

Even though this is for a girl, I am thinking it is more generic than most of the cards I create.

I created the next two cards for my cousins. They are twins and graduated HS in May. I just sent out the cards on Thursday. I am so horrible!!! 

Again, I used The Greetery's Bold Numbers Dies as my focal point and built on this with a retired Paper Trey Ink set.


I added some scraps of silver cardstock behind the numbers to ground the whole focal point.

For the second card, I used black paper over a white card base, with silver numbers.


The hat is from Paper Trey Ink and the sentiment is from a retired CAS-ual Fridays stamp.


The black paper on the card front was from my scraps and is actually HALLOWEEN paper!! It didn't have a distinct Halloween pattern so I used it.

I am posting one more card that I forgot I made. I created this one for my nephew's college graduation. This was the only card that was sent out on time!!


I have to admit that this was the first card I created and actually was the inspiration for the second card I posted. Instead of using silver cardstock behind the numbers, I chose to randomly adhere silver paper stars.


I am so happy with how all these cards came out and am just ashamed of myself that it took so long for me to send them!

That is it for me today. I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by. 
Have a FABULOUS day!!






5 comments:

Cathy said...

Awesome cards Nora, love all of your designs, so different but using nearly the same ingredients! Black white and silver is such an elegant look too. Might have to CASE some of these if that's OK?! Thankyou too for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday, Cathy x

Lisa Elton said...

I like the classy black and silver combos! These are marvelous, Nora!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Seriously fantastic designs! They're chic and fun, elegant and timeless all in the same go. Not to mention wholly inspiring. TY so much for sharing these terrific graduation designs with us.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Kim S said...

All are now saved in my inspiration files as I know a number of graduates over the next couple of years!!

R's Rue said...

I love these cards. They are wonderful. I love it in black and white.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com