Sunday, August 15, 2021

Happy Sunday with a Couple of Cards

 Hello everyone!! Just popping in with a couple of cards that I created this weekend. 

I had to get all my creative fun in as we are taking my daughter to DC this week to set up her new apartment. She will be a SENIOR!!! The time went by so fast!!!

Since our dogs are crazy, we are having a house sitter come for the week. Thank goodness for family!!

My first card I created with inspiration from some challenges.


I used some new Pinkfresh Studio products for this. I bought the Happy Blooms Stamps, Dies and matching stencils. They were so FUN to use!!!

The two challenges that inspired me to create this card are Freshly Made Sketches #498, the Color Hues Challenge #23-use Pink and Yellow and The Flower Challenge #59-use dies. Of course I was late with Color Hues!!


I used a stencil and Twisted Citron Distress Ink to create the foliage in the frame. The frame I die cut using Pinkfresh Studios Braided Oval


My sentiment is from my sentiment strip stash. I added some gold pearls randomly around the card.


The colors I used for the stencil are Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Kitsch Flamingo and Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.


For my next card I used Simple Stories Simple Vintage Lemon Twist Paper and ephemera.


I started by using Antique Linen and Walnut Stain Distress Ink to ink the edges of my white A2 Neenah White cardstock. 


I took pieces of ephemera to embellish the card.


I added a sentiment I created on my computer. I just LOVE this paper set and had so much fun making my card!!


Well that is all for today. I thank you for taking the time to stop by today!!




8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Lovely cards! All of your blooms are happy and beautiful! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Lisa Elton said...

You've used the FMS beautifully, what a marvelous card! Love the lemon twist card, so summery!

Jen Timko said...

The oval frame on your first card really takes it to the next level. So pretty! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the way you framed the flowers on the first card, Nora! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful set of cards! Love those beautiful flowers and the gorgeous die cut oval! The sentiments stand out so nicely! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karren said...

Gorgeous cards! I love how you've used the PinkFresh products on your first card - so bright and cheerful! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

_chevron2 said...

I love both of the cards!! the first is so elegant, and an awesome interpretation of all three challenges!! The last one just is pleasing- I love blue butterflies with the yellow:)

Aileen said...

Such gorgeous cards Nora and the one for our challenge just stunning. Love the soft colours and the die cut frame around the blooms. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam