Sunday, January 29, 2023

Popping in With Some Cards for Challenges

Hi Friends!! Happy Sunday!!

I am just popping in with some cards that I created for some challenges this week. 

My first card I was inspired by a few challenges. 


I created this with some new supplies I received last week from The Greetery. When I saw the Hearts at Home Toaster Die, I knew I had to have it. My daughter and I have a personal joke. We have had it since she is tiny. We always write and say at the end of a text or conversation-"I love you more than toast!"  


I printed my sentiments because, well, who has a silly sentiment like "I love you more than toast?" I figured that I might as well print out Happy Valentin'e Day! too so that it would match!


The paper I had in my stash forever is by Crate Paper (Sweethearts from the Heart Day collection) and the sequins I received in the Hero Arts January Monthly Hero Kit.

The challenge that inspired me for this card is Freshly Made Sketches #570. However, I flipped the sketch.

original
flipped

I was also inspired by the Time Out Challenge #230-Inspired Words.


This is how I feel about my daughter. She is the BEST thing that has ever come into my life!!

The third challenge that I am entering this card in is the Tic Tac Toe Challenge #194. I used the first column-a die cut, a heart and pattern paper.


For my second card, I was inspired by the Global Design Project sketch #378 and the Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge #408 inspirations badge. I am also entering it into this weeks Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-Anything Goes and A Blog Named Hero January Challenge-A Crazy Little Thing Called Love.

 


Of course I was too late to upload the card for the Global Design Project because I was too busy cleaning so my sister could come over and craft with me!! The card I created is below.


Once again, I used the Crate Paper "Sweethearts" for my background. To match the border on the sketch, I combined 49 & Market Salsa Ticket Essentials and a heart border I die cut with my Silhouette. I LOVE using fun things like ephemera on my cards when I can. I always forget about it because it is packed away but this was sitting out at my desk and was a must have!!


The Couture Creations "One Kiss" die is left over from my cards I created last week. I have to admit that I am kind of obsessed with this die now and I am glad that I pulled it out of my stash to use!! I used two sentiments from Hero Arts. The XOXO is from the January Monthly Hero Kit and the the "I love you more" is from the Loving Sentiment Strips stamp set. 


I LOVE how this card came out and everything was on my desk as a "leftover" to use. 

Well, that is all from me today. I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by!! Have a FABULOUS night!!

Nora





12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This set was made for you and your daughter! Two cute cards, Nora!

Fiona said...

I love both of your cards - that toast one is such an original idea - thanks for sharing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week

Bobby said...

I can understand why you had to have that toaster set, Nora. It has such a personal meaning to you and that is great. The card is fun and full of love. Thanks for sharing it with us at Time Out.

Jen Timko said...

These are so great. I just love the toast. I love that it is so personal and just so awesome! So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

These cards are so fun and so sweet! Perfect for Valentine's Day. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Two wonderful cards! I love your style! Thanks for sharing at Time Out Challenge:)

Kate said...

I absolutely adore the toasterand the chrome treatment you've given it! Thanks for taking Time Out to share it with us at Time Out Challenges! Looking forward to seeing you in the gallery again soon,
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!
P.S. I have seen this one kiss die around alot the last two weeks but I didn't know what it was called or who made it! One Kiss is now winging its way to me so thank you!

Kim S said...

How perfect is that toaster for your daughter!! Isn't that just the best part of making our own cards!

Nonni said...

Both of your Valentine's cards are wonderful but that toast card is just so so cute! Love the CAS design and use of dies. Thank you for joining us at Time Out and I hope to see you joining our new challenge where we are CASEing Gina K!

Stampin Expressions said...

I love both of your cards! I especially love the way that you put the "xo" on the letter going into the envelope, such a cute touch! Thanks for joining the hand stamped challenge!

Stampin by Genny said...

Wow! Super cute card! Love how you used the pink and red with all the different elements to create a fabulous collage. Thanks so much for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Heather said...

Woo! That is a luscious set of lips for sure, lol, and such a fun design! I love all your little heart details, and it's all perfect together, so playful! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!