Sunday, December 8, 2013

Paper Trey Ink Make It Monday Challenge

I am back for another quick post. I am entering Paper Trey Ink's Make it Monday Challenge #143. It was to create a paper project using the style "Modern Whimsy." This was kind of fun but I don't know if I pulled it off.

These are little bags I am sending off to a friend. I have been meaning to do this for WEEKS but just have never found the time. I decided this week that this challenge would be fun to make gift toppers. I knew I wanted to make a vellum flower but for some reason I could not find the vellum I knew I had. Thank goodness I am a craft hoarder because I had some tracing paper and used that instead. I then inked the flower pieces in yellow and pink, punched holes and put them together using a brad in the center to hold them. Didn't they come out pretty?


Besides the flowers, all the other pieces were taken from a box I have full of die cut extras that I have on my desk. I also sometimes stamp extras so I had the leaves all created too. This was so easy and fun to put together!!


I added a button to the center of the pink to make it a bit different from the orange bag. I think this bag is my favorite.


Here is a bit of a close up.

Well, that is it for today. I think two posts in one day is enough!! Have a great rest of the weekend!!

Nora
Supplies:
Stampin Up Die



6 comments:

Alex said...

These are so pretty! Your "tracing paper" flowers turned out great, I just love favor bags, and your bag toppers made these little bags just perfect, your friend is going to love them!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Love your bag toppers Nora. They are both so pretty!

Birgit said...

Hi Nora. I love the small bags you made. Your friend will be so happy to see how much love you put into decorating them. Very pretty!

Nancy Penir said...

Adorable bags! Love the colors you used. never thought of tracing paper, looks great!

LEG Studios said...

Cute, cute packaging! Love your tissue flowers!

Kristii said...

Wow!! The little toppers you made for these bags are as sweet as can be!! Your friend is going to love them for sure!!