Sunday, March 22, 2020

A Birthday Card for Freshly Made Sketches and The Flower Challenge

Happy Sunday everyone!! Today was a gorgeous day outside and it made me happy to be alive!!!

My husband will be working from home starting tomorrow and this week we have been told that the paraprofessionals will be contacting kids to help with their school work. I have helped a bit with math, like doing a problem or getting resources to help the kids learn for that math class but I am a bit worried about the kids staying motivated during this time.

Today I a posting a card that I made for this weeks Freshly Made Sketches #427.


Below is the sketch that inspired this card:


I did move the sentiment and hope that is okay but the rest I kept kind of true to the sketch.


I used My Favorite Things A La Modes Martinis on Me stamp and die set for this card. I colored in the girl with Copic markers and added some Sparkle with Stickles


I used Candy Apple Distress Ink to shade in the back and the red strip. The red strip I made a bit darker so it wouldn't blend into the background.


I colored in a purple girl too but have yet to make a card with it!!

I created another card for this month's Flower Challenge #42, Anything Goes.



I combined a die from Spellbinders and a flower from My Favorite Things that I had colored in using Copic Markers. The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions.


This was a rather simple card to make but I like how it came out.

In other news, one thing I have been doing is cooking. I made Chicken Chili and cornbread the other night for dinner at my daughter's request.


I didn't have any cornmeal and actually had to go to the grocery store to buy it. I wound up buying polenta cornmeal to use but it worked. The cornbread was actually better because of it!!

Well, that is all from me today. Keep your chin up and hope for the best!!


6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two terrific card and a yummy looking meal! Take care ;)

Aileen said...

Such a beautiful CAS card Nora and love the little sparkle centre in the flower. Looks amazing (as does your first card too). Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

Diane said...

Awesome background and colors on your first design and your second card design is very pretty.

This is week three of hubby working from home, it's different for sure.

Stay well.

Hugs Diane

Judy Rozema said...

Fabulous background, Nora! I love all the red. Great job on our sketch this week. Thank you for sharing at FMS!

Kim S said...

I have a 20 and a 24-year old now doing college courses on line and I'm worried about them staying motivated!! It looks like I'll also be working from home soon and I think I'm even more worried about my motivation!

I love the bubbly background - and the brilliant red for the party scene. And that sweet little flower with the circle behind it is just charming! I'm glad you are finding time to be creative!

SmilynStef said...

ham and beans and cornbread for us this week ... that looks yummy.