Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Day 3 Homework

 Happy Wednesday!! Just popping in with my projects from Day 3 homework for my Watercolor Christmas Class. I like these cards a bit better BUT I will never just be able to do a one layer anything I have decided.

My first card was a card with some simple trees. 


Again, I got a little heavy handed on my trees with the paint. They were lighter but I kept trying to blend and then this is what happened. 


Since I spent so much time on them, I decided that even if I didn't love them, I was making a card anyway. I created a gold frame from some gold foil cardstock using the Waffle Flower Frame dies.

I also heat embossed a sentiment from PTI at the bottom.

There was another cards I was supposed to do with a different technique with trees BUT the masking medium I used was a disaster so I threw it away.

My third card was to create an ornament without any masking. This was actually kind of fun. The watercolor did not blend like I wanted BUT it came out way better than my other cards from the first two days.

I chose to adde a silver piece of mirrored cardstock for the top of the ornament and some silver thread as a bow.

The heat embossed sentiment is from Mama Elephant.

I actually thought that this card technique was relaxing. I liked trying to keep the paint within the circle and I did slowly layer the color down. Not perfect but getting better!!!

That is all from me today. I thank you for taking the time to stop by!! Have a FABULOUS day!!



3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Great job Nora, these are lovely!

Ivana Camdzic said...

Nora - I love those trees! I get what you mean, sometimes watercolor just doesn't like to turn out the way we think it will. But they are still beautiful! They look like gouache illustrations! Also, your ornament looks fantastic!

SmilynStef said...

I signed-up for the class and then bailed after unsuccessfully trying hte first two. I really like the purple ornament and the splatters.