Sunday, February 7, 2016

PaperTrey Ink's Anniversary Challenges- Day 2: Dress Up Inspiration

Happy Sunday everyone!! It has been quite a relaxing day. No mishaps at all, thank goodness!! Besides going to the gym, I spent most of the day doing laundry that I could not do yesterday and in my craft room. That to me is an awesome day.

Today I created two cards for PaperTrey Ink's 9th Anniversary Challenge day 2: Dress Up Inspiration. I was to pick an item from my closet to use as inspiration for my card. As I was going through my clothes, I noticed that I am quite boring. I buy a lot of solid colored items. I do buy bright colors and they usually have some kind of texture but are all one color. I tend to put the patterns in my accessories so I decided to go that route. I am a scarf fanatic. I have almost every scarf still that I ever owned. I decided to go through my two boxes and pull one out that might inspire me.

I chose this plaid scarf as my inspiration piece for two reasons. First, I wanted to finally used PTI's "Plaid Builder" set that has been sitting in my stash, waiting for me to pull out. I also liked the colors because I could make a more neutral card if I wanted-for male or female.

I started off by using the "Plaid Builder" set and stamped my plaid with Blueberry Sky, Pure Poppy and Enchanted Evening ink.

On my scarf, the red was more emphasized then the blue but I chose the blue to be more prevalent on my stamped paper.

Instead of using the whole piece of paper and making one card, I chose to cut it up and create two. The first card I created I made into a birthday card.

I added a panel of the plaid paper on a diagonal at the top and used a strip of Pure Poppy card stock under it. I then pulled out an old set of stamps from PTI-"Cupcake Inspiration"-to stamp the cup cake.

I used Blueberry Sky ink for the bottom and stamped the top in black. I used Copic markers to give some color to the frosting. I then stamped the sentiment from "Tremendous Treats: Birthday" in Enchanted Evening ink.

I topped the cup cake off with "sprinkles" using red rhinestones. I really like how this card came out and think that it is a more masculine card.

My second I decided to cut a banner out of the rest of the plaid paper.

To start this card, I die cut a frame out of Enchanted Evening paper and adhered it to a Blueberry Sky card base. I then adhered the plaid banner over the top of both. I used the "Bowl of Sunshine" stamp set for the bowl of apples. The bowl was stamped with Blueberry Sky ink and for the apples, I used Pure Poppy and a brown ink I had for the stems.

I then used foam adhesive adhere them to the card front used and Wink of Stella, and then Glossy Accents, over the apples. I chose not to use the leaves from the apples because I did not want to add green to this card. I am not sure I like how the apples look without them, though.

Next I added a white banner with the sentiment stamped in both Blueberry Sky and Pure Poppy Ink. I die cut a flower using PaperTrey's "Bitty Button Stacks" and placed a "candy" from Queen and Company in the middle.

I had a lot of fun putting these cards together and made an effort to use old and new stamps. Just because something is not new does not mean that it is not beautiful!!

I thank you for stopping by tonight to look at my creations. Have a great night!!

Birthday Card-

Sweet Card-

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches #222, PaperTrey Ink Inspiration Card Challenge and some snow!!

Happy Saturday everyone!! It has not been a fun twenty four hours here at my house. It started off well and good with a snow day yesterday. I got up early and did tons of laundry and spent some time in my craft room. At about 2:30 p.m., the power went off....and did not come back on until 12:30 p.m. today. It was quite a chilly night last night!! We do have a portable generator but the fumes made me sick because it was a bit too near the house, so we did not have it on all night.

Then while I was brushing my teeth this morning, I knocked the electric tooth brush charger into the toilet. Don't ask me how this happened but it did. Not sure how I will be charging my tooth brush but thinking I will be brushing old school. My dentist won't be happy as that electric toothbrush has given me some good check ups. It makes my teeth shine!!

Anyway, BEFORE all this happened, I was able to make a card using Freshly Made Sketches #222 and the PaperTrey Ink Inspiration Color Challenge. PaperTrey is having their 9th Anniversary celebration and having some fabulous challenges. Be sure to check it out!! Here is my card:

I chose Kay Miller's card and tried to "channel" her as she is a FABULOUS designer. It did not come out exactly as I pictured it but I like it.

Here is the sketch and the color card that inspired this card:

I started the card off by using Orange Zest and Summer Sunrise ink as watercolor. Kay often uses water coloring on her cards and tends to use the most fabulous colors. I was inspired by her stunning backgrounds so I decided to give it a try.

I then die cut the panel when the ink was dry and mounted it onto a Raspberry Fizz patterned paper card base.

I then added an Orange Zest border that I die cut using PTI's "Journal Card Border Dies" and a frame in Summer Sunrise that I die cut using the PTI frame die.

I then stamped and die cut flowers using PaperTrey's "One Big Happy" limited edition stamp and die collection using Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Sweet Blush and Simply Chartreuse dye ink. I also die cut the "happy" sentiment out of black paper to add over the frame.

I adhered the flowers and the pink sentiment strip using foam adhesive. I then added the three clear sequins using matte adhesive.

My last step was to use clear Wink of Stella over the orange and yellow flower centers.

I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by today. Have a great night!!

PaperTrey Ink "One Big Happy" Limited Edition Stamp and Die Collection