Sunday, November 21, 2021

Tis the Season

Hi friends!! It has been a long time that I have sat down to just make a card for myself, using whatever I wanted. Today I did some cleaning and decided to take a time out create a card for two different challenges.

I created this for this weeks Freshly Made Sketches #512 and The Color Throwdown #669.

I started by doing a bit of ink blending with Chipped Sapphire and Prized Ribbon Distress Ink. I then used a new stencil that I received from Stamperia. My last step was to use Gold Color Shine, Picket Fence and Prize Ribbon Distress Spray Stain.

I used Spellbinders November 2021 Small Die of the Month Club for my ornament. I die cut the ornament out of white and gold cardstock. I used some navy gems for some fun on my ornamnet.

My pine boughs and Typed Christmas sentiment are from Hello Bluebird and the foiled strips are from a DCWV foiled paper pad.

I had SO MUCH FUN creating this card!!! I am so into blue and gold at this moment. I wish I could make it my color scheme but I am not willing to spend money on new ornament.

I am looking forward to seeing my daughter this week. She is coming home on Tuesday and I have not seen her since October. This week is going to be so busy!!! I am having my family and Chris at Thanksgiving this year after not seeing anyone last year.

Well, that is all from me. I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by!!! Have a FABULOUS day!!




10 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

I love this blue and gold card! The splatters are awesome and the pine spray and ornament really make a great focal point. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

_chevron2 said...

Beautiful!๐Ÿ’™

_chevron2 said...

Beautiful!๐Ÿ’™

Kim S said...

Gorgeous!!! Your blended blues are stunning - and beautiful behind your golden ornament! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Lisa Elton said...

Your sapphire background with all of that fancy gold is so elegant, Nora! This is a marvelous card. I think this would work for the new Peace On Earth Christmas challenge, you should check it out!

Vickie Z said...

Lovely card!! Great use of the sketch and colors!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Jen Timko said...

WOW! This is so pretty. I love the gold and all your details. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

I love that gorgeous blue background and gold bejeweled ornament! So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a beautiful take on both the sketch and the Throwdown colors! So glad you joined us at CTD!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Spectular holiday season greeting! This is glitzy, glamorous and bursting with awesome Christmastime beauty. Such a winning design, Nora!

Autumn Zenith ๐Ÿงก Witchcrafted Life