Sunday, September 6, 2026

Happy Sunday with a Couple of Cards

Hell Crafty Friends!!!

I am popping in with a couple of cards for some challenges. I am back to work and don't have a ton of time to craft any more. I liked summer hours better!

My first card I used Freshly Made Sketches #752 as my inspiration.


Below is the sketch that inspired this card:

I had fun using the Ornamental Branch die and the Block Print Winter Cardinal dies from Birch Press Design and a strip sentiment from Taylored Expressions.


My embossed background is from my stash. I have no idea who created it!!


I have to admit that I love making sympathy cards. I am not sure why.

My second card I used TWO challenges to inspire my card. The first is CAS on Friday. Challenge #342 is all about the SEA. I also used a sketch from Sunday Stamps.


I changed it up a little from the posted sketch. I didn't put the sentiment in the same place.


Instead of the oval, I used the anchor. The stamped images are from Pink and Main? I am not sure. They were in my extras!!


The embossed background was created with an embossing folder from Spellbinders.


Well, that is all from me today. I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by. Have a FABULOUS day!!

Nora

6 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Love your CAS take on the sketch, Nora! I love how you used the embossed background and that handsome cardinal! Thanks so much for joining Freshly Made Sketches this week!

LeAnne said...

These are both AMAZING! Love the cardinal, but that little seagull just makes me grin! Your coloring is terrific!

Verena said...

What a beautiful card, Nora! I love your pretty cardinal and the white branches are perfect for the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

dj said...

I love everything about this card for our sketch challenge...the embossed rope, the mischievous sea gull, and the nautical elements...fantastic!! Thanks for playing along with our "Get In Shape" sketch challenge over at Sunday stamps!! You rocked our sketch with your nautical themed card. Deb Horst, DT #SSC394

dj said...

I missed that is was also for the CAS on Friday challenge that I am also on the design team for...Like I said before...I love this card!! And it is also perfect for our SEA challenge over at CAS on Friday. Thanks for playing along with our clean and simple challenge...you nailed it this challenge as well! Way to go combining challenges!!
Deb Horst, DT #342

Christine | Dances With Hooves Paper Design said...

These are equal parts lovely and cute! Great job on the sketches, too - thank you SO much for sharing with us!